Como Instalar Mods En Minecraft 1.12?
- Josémanuel Molina
¿Cómo instalar Giacomo’s Bookshelf Mod en Minecraft? –
Descargar Forge Descargar Giacomo’s Bookshelf Mod Doble clic en el archivo descargado de Forge para ejecutar el instalador. Pegar el archivo descargado del mod internamente de la carpeta,minecraft/mods ¡Ya podemos utilizar estas nuevas librerías en nuestro sistema de encantamiento de objetos!
Why 1.12 is the best version for mods?
1.12.2 – This version is definitely the ultimate version for, but why is that? Well, periodically settles on stable versions, and when it settles long enough, there’s an explosion of content that could ever offer, even with the extensive resources of Microsoft.
No single company is a match for the creative output of an entire community of dedicated fans. But why 1.12? Well, 1.12 was the most recent version of Minecraft for quite a while, since this was before Mojang decided to keep themselves to a semi-strict release schedule for updates.1.13 and above introduced changes significant enough that they prompted the predominant modloader,, to take extra time to update after 1.13 released to do a significant rewrite of years-old code.
Then 1.14 and 1.15 were quickly released, meaning there still wasn’t full certainty among the modding community on which versions to focus their efforts on. This is because mods are not compatible with different versions unless they are specifically ported to those versions.
Basically, 1.12 continues to grow and keep its popularity as it is the largest version for the most amount of modded content. That is to say, versions like 1.16 and 1.17 also have a semi-large modding scene, but it is not comparable. Many also believe that 1.12.2 is significantly more stable than newer versions of the game.
To a degree, they would be right. As Minecraft adds more content like more biomes, mobs, furthering the world height limit, adding complex code like waterlogging, it adds to the technological load of the game. For Vanilla players, this isn’t an issue as a small decrease in performance is negligible.
How do I install a mod file?
Step 3. Copy the Mod to the /mods Folder – It’s time to install some Minecraft mods. No matter your operating system, the process will be very similar:
- Open the mods folder of your vanilla Minecraft installation. Its location will differ depending on your operating system – we’ll talk about finding it below.
- If the folder is not there, create a new one and name it mods,
- Copy and paste the downloaded mod to mods, Do the same for the mods folder located in your Minecraft server installation directory.
Locating the Mods Folder on Windows The mods folder of your Minecraft client will usually be located in the,minecraft folder. The full path is Users/ /Appdata/Roaming/.minecraft, Alternatively, you can find it by pressing Control + R, typing in %appdata%, and hitting Enter, Look for the,minecraft folder – once you’ve found it, open the mods directory and paste your mod files there. Locating the Mods Folder on macOS The default directory for the Minecraft client is ~/Library/Application Support/minecraft. You can easily access it by pressing Command+Shift+G to open Finder and entering ~Library -> Application Support -> Minecraft, Locating the Mods Folder on Linux To find the Minecraft client directory on Linux-based systems, open Terminal and run the following command: xdg-open ~/minecraft
Do I need Minecraft Forge to install mods?
You can install Minecraft Forge from the Forge website, where it’s free to download. Minecraft Forge is an add-on for Minecraft: Java Edition that lets you install and enable mods. Make sure that you download the version of Minecraft Forge that corresponds with your current Minecraft version.
Minecraft is famous for how many mods it has, and how easy they are to install. These mods can be practical — like creating a new item — or they can add fun thematic elements to your game, such as new game modes. To install these mods, you’ll need to use a free add-on called Minecraft Forge.
Do you need JDK to run Forge?
Sounds cool! How do I get started? –
You’ll need the JDK (Java development kit) which is a set of libraries, tools and the runtime environment to make Java programs and run them.A Minecraft account which can be bought from their official website. ( https://minecraft.net/en-us/store/ )An IDE (Eclipse or IntelliJ are recommended for Minecraft development)
After installing/acquiring these pieces of software, download your desired Forge version at https://files.minecraftforge.net/, Tip : Hover over the information button and press direct download to avoid an Adfly virus! Once you have downloaded this ZIP you’ll be able to unzip it.
Eclipse? gradlew eclipse, IntelliJ? Import the build.gradle file in your IntelliJ setup.
What Java version is forge 1.12 2?
Yes, Minecraft 1.12.2 can run well on Ubuntu 20.04, but it does require Java 8, usually listed as “1.8”. This answer thoroughly answers how to install Minecraft 1.12.2, server and client, on Ubuntu 20.04, or Mac OS, and how to install Forge as well, if you’re going to want to mod it.
There are some excellent Minecraft Java Edition mods such as Serene Seasons and Dynamic Trees which provide motivation to run Minecraft Java Edition 1.12.2. Minecraft Bedrock users will find it’s well worth buying a new set of Minecraft licenses for Java Edition, in order to experience amazing mods like Ice and Fire and the great variety of choices.
For those that don’t know, this only applies to Minecraft Java Edition, Minecraft Bedrock is not mod-able, and to mod Minecraft Java Edition the great Minecraft Forge is also needed. If you only have Minecraft Bedrock, now is the time to re-purchase all your licenses for Java Edition.
- It’s worth it.
- I found using Java 8 from scratch for all steps worked with Mac OSX Minecraft server and Ubuntu 20.04 and Windows 10 clients.
- For Minecraft Forge 1.12.2, when installing Minecraft server, Minecraft client, and Forge, Java 8 needs to be the system default Java,
- Multiple Java versions can be run reliably and simultaneously.
It’s probably easier to run simultaneous versions than uninstalling existing (probably later) Java, which might break something if that’s done, anyway. Also, Minecraft Java Edition needs to be installed first, and run at least once, before attempting the install of Forge, for server and clients,
What was Minecraft 1.12 2 called?
1.12.2 is a minor update for Minecraft ( Java Edition ) that was released on September 18, 2017. It is not compatible with 1.12 and 1.12.1 servers. This is the first version of the Java Edition (originally called just Minecraft ) to display the new official title, Minecraft: Java Edition,
What does Minecraft 1.12 ADD?
1.12, the first release of the World of Color Update, is a major update to Minecraft ( Java Edition ) released on June 7, 2017. This update introduced a more vibrant color palette, a new crafting system, hints for beginners, glazed terracotta, concrete, colored beds, illusioners, and parrots.
Why does 1.12 2 have the most mods?
Minecraft 1.12.2 was for a long time the stable modding version : it was the most recent version of Minecraft with a stable version of the dominant modloader, Forge. Therefore, mod developers wrote mods for 1.12.2, and over time that adds up to a lot of total mods written.
How do you install mods on PC?
Steam Workshop – If you’ve never used mods before, a great place to start is the Steam Workshop (opens in new tab), There you’ll find hundreds of Steam games that support mods, and thousands (and sometimes hundreds of thousands) of mods for games like CS:GO, No Man’s Sky, Cities: Skylines, Portal 2, Prison Architect, Civ 5, Stellaris, and lots more. The Complete Guide to PC Gaming PC Gamer is going back to the basics with a series of guides, how-tos, and deep dives into PC gaming’s core concepts. We’re calling it The Complete Guide to PC Gaming, and it’s all being made possible by Razer (opens in new tab), which stepped up to support this months-long project.
Thanks, Razer! Typically the mods in the Workshop are categorized by type, and you can use keyword searches to look for something specific. Mods are also voted on by users so you can see what’s most popular and what’s been downloaded the most by other players. The best part is that installing mods in the Workshop is almost always a one-click process.
Just click the subscribe button on any mod you’d like to install, and they’ll be added to your game the next time you launch it. To remove a mod, you just need to click unsubscribe. Some games, such as recent Civilizations, have in-game menus where you can activate and deactivate mods you subscribe to.
Does the ice and fire mod work in 1.12 2?
How do I download this mod? What’s the latest version of citadel I need? – You can find the ice & fire mod here. You can find citadel, which is required to run ice & fire in any minecraft versions above 1.12.2 here. You can read on the ice & fire page which citadel version you need.
Why is Minecraft 1.12 so popular mods?
Because many people wrote mods for 1.12.2 and those modders haven’t had time to update their mods to a later version of Minecraft. In addition, there are closed source mods that cannot be updated to 1.12.
Which Java version is best for Minecraft 1.12 2?
‘Starting from Minecraft 1.12, Java 8 will be required to run Minecraft.
Where is the Minecraft mod file?
Finding the Minecraft mods folder – Before you can install a mod, you need to find your minecraft folder.
- On Windows: do Start / Run / %appdata%, or type %appdata% into the location field of the Windows Explorer; then open Minecraft.
- On Mac: click on the desktop, press Command+Shift+G, type ~/Library and press enter; then open ‘Application Support’ and finally ‘minecraft’.
- On Linux: in a terminal window, type “xdg-open ~/.minecraft”. or if you like working at the commandline, “cd ~/.minecraft”.
Then inside that folder, you should see a folder named ‘mods’. (If you don’t see one, make sure you’ve installed Minecraft Forge already and started Minecraft again once.) That’s where you’ll put any mods you want to install.
Where is Minecraft mods folder?
How to install ‘Minecraft’ mods – To use mods in Minecraft, you need to install Minecraft Forge, find the mods you want online, add your mods to “Minecraft,” and troubleshoot any problems that may arise. Here’s how to do it all. Before you can install “Minecraft” mods, you’ll need to install a free app called Minecraft Forge.
- Forge is a third-party program that lets you manage, install, enable, and delete any mod.
- You can download,
- Try to download the “Recommended” version, and make sure that the number in the left sidebar corresponds with the version of “Minecraft” that you have.
- After you’ve downloaded and installed Forge, restart your computer, and open the Minecraft Launcher.
You should see a new options menu — pick “Forge” from this menu and then press “Play.” You can launch “Java” with Forge enabled. Emma Witman/Insider This will launch “Minecraft” with Forge enabled. If you’ve done it right, you’ll see a new menu titled “Mods” in the main menu.
- There are dozens of sites that offer “Minecraft” mods for free.
- Two of the most popular are and,
- If you can’t find the mods you want there, you can always try searching for them on Google.
- You can search for newer mods, search by popularity, or use a keyword if you’re searching for something specific.
Emma Witman/Insider However, whatever source you use, do some research. Like all third-party downloads, you’ll want to dig a little to be sure the mod download is safe and won’t cripple your game with bugs — or do worse, like install malware.
- Also make sure that any mod you download is compatible with the specific version of “Minecraft” that you’re running.
- Both these sites have search features and comment sections, which let users report any issues they’ve had from a mod download.
- Curseforge also lets you sort by and opt for mods that already have millions of downloads.
- To see your mod in action, download the mod file you want, and then place it in a folder created by Forge called “mods.” If you can’t find this folder, save your downloaded mod file anywhere else that you can find it. You’ll want to save your files in the specific “Mods” folder. Emma Witman/Insider
- Open “Minecraft” while running Forge and click the “Mods” option from the main menu.
- Click “Open mods folder.” This will open Forge’s folder for installing mods.
- From there, use your Window’s File Explorer or Mac’s Finder to find the mod file you downloaded, and then drag-and-drop or copy-and-paste the file into the proper Forge mods folder.
- You can check that the mod is running in the Mods section, as it will be listed in the left column, like the “Zombie Extreme” mod shown here. Emma Witman/Insider Restart your computer to be sure the mods are installed, then launch “Java” with Forge selected. Open the “Mods” menu, and you should see the mod you installed listed.
If “Minecraft” has an issue loading after one or more mods are installed, don’t freak out. Bugs and other problems will come with the territory, and usually for simple reasons. Make sure that you copied over the right files, and that the mod you downloaded can work with your version of “Minecraft.” “Minecraft” will show you an error log if it fails to load, which you can inspect to find which mod is causing the game to crash.
Once you’ve found it, open the mods folder and remove the culprit mod, then restart and launch again. You sometimes won’t be able to launch “Minecraft” if a mod is bugged, and an error log like this one will appear instead. Emma Witman/Insider You can also install resource packs to mix up your Minecraft universe.
They won’t alter gameplay, but can change how blocks and buildings look, as well as add fun cosmetics, unique sounds, and alternative languages to the game. A resource pack changing the design of the main menu. Emma Witman/Insider You can find resource packs at familiar sources like, or other sites, like Here’s how to install one in your game:
- Download the desired resource pack, which you should get in the form of a,zip file, and copy the file. Don’t unzip the file, but copy it zipped.
- Open “Minecraft: Java Edition,” and click “Options,” then “Resource Packs.” The resource pack menu is in the “Options” list. Emma Witman/Insider
- Select “Open Pack Folder” and copy-and-paste or drag-and-drop the zip file into the folder. If you don’t see the resource pack listed right away under “Available,” go ahead and restart “Minecraft.” It should appear. Move the,zip files as they are, without opening them. Emma Witman/Insider
- Move the resource pack from “Available” to “Selected.” Drag the mod from the “Available” box to the “Selected” box. Emma Witman/Insider You’re all set. Depending on the resource pack, you might see changes right away.
If you start playing and find the new resource pack distracting, or if you want to compare the altered textures to the originals, you can turn your resource packs on and off while playing.
- Press Esc to open the menu, then click “Options.”
- Click “Resource packs.”
- This will open the same resource pack folder you opened through the game’s main menu. Here, you can enable or disable resource packs, and open your computer’s resource pack folder.
: How to install ‘Minecraft’ mods and resource packs to completely reinvent your game
How do I open mod folder in 1.12 2?
Using mods in Minecraft: Java Edition – Java Edition users of Minecraft will need Java installed. After doing that, you’ll need to download the version of Minecraft Forge that matches your server version. A full list of Minecraaft Forge versions can be found, Image: Mojang/Microsoft via Polygon To play with the mods you’ve installed, you’ll simply need to select “forge” from the list of available builds on the Minecraft Java Edition client. : Minecraft: How to install mods and add-ons
How do I enable mods on my server?
On the main menu, choose Host Game > New World > Mods tab > choose from the available Server or Client mods. Click on the checkbox to the right of your chosen mod, if enabled, you will see a green ‘ENABLED’ tag on the mod. When ready, click on ‘Generate World’ to host a new game with mods!
Can I add mods to an existing server?
Yes, (usually) you can do that. Not being able to would be pretty pointless, since no one sets up a whole server with all plugins and mods without ever joining it to test things before it’s set up completely. Some mods might require a new map (usually their own one), though.